Thursday, December 02, 2004

You're Watching BNW, Bad NewsWeek, All Bad News, All The Time.

It's turning out to be a rather weird week. First thing Monday, news came in that a direct colleague of our contractor colleagues had died over the weekend from cancer. Another colleague would have his last working day that day, before going on pension, and a big party was planned which consequently got postponed to some undetermined date. He's also not much of a guy for big goodbyes, so basically he gave everyone a hand at the end of the day, put on his jacket and left.
Then later that week, another colleague's husband fell ill. My own grandfather is also in the hospital for heart problems, being operated this week. And just half an hour or so ago, I heard back from the department which was supposed to offer me a new (and better) job, but let me know their plans fell through and they can't offer it.
The death of Prince Bernhard honestly doesn't concern me at all (I never cared even the slightest bit about the Dutch royalty and my life wouldn't be any different without them) but it definately seems to be the icing on the cake.

No comments: