Friday, January 28, 2005

Crayyy-zee.

Yet another busy day, ughhh... I need some sleep, man. And there's not a single day this weekend that I'll get to REALLY sleep in ! I suppose today wasn't half bad though, because I got to go gift shopping for the two (female) friends that are celebrating their birthday in my house tomorrow night, and I got to do that efficiently, meaning: with a girl (shopping for females with female company is always easier, they can help you pick out women-friendly presents and steer clear from the terrible ones, no matter how awesome they might seem to YOU). The girlfriend of one of my best friends, who was also at a loss what to get 'em. That was cool, she's always friendly and fun to hang out with and we actually did - miraculously - manage to find some half-decent presents that'll do the trick methinks.
Course, after that, I had to hurry to get all the other things done I needed to do, and I'm currently still doing them. Brrrr. I could do with a little rest. Honestly.

Anyway, on to the word of the day, because I haven't forgotten about what I pledged... thank you Volkskrant, who wrote about problematic tenants. Every municupality has 'em, apparently, and they're constantly causing ruckus. Needless to say the article first has to lable these people 'woonextremisten' (woon means to live somewhere, and we all know all too well by now what extremists are), and then asks the question: where should housing agencies relocate these people to ? So the idea is suggested that there should be special 'asshole houses', 'hufterhuizen'. These two gems, in ONE alinea, in the same article ! Can you believe it ?? Wow.. and it's hard to choose between these two as well.
I'm gonna go with 'woonextremisten', since the proposed solution is a new concept and will probably be discussed a lot. So it needs a name and yes, I suppose it *will* be called that as the unofficial name in casual conversation. However, when are we ever gonna talk about 'woonextremisten', and more importantly, isn't that word just way too confusing ? How can you live somewhere *extremely* ?! "Yeah, I live here, but lemme tell ya, my wife lives here EXTREMELY."
*rolls his eyes*

So the winner of today: 'woonextremist' !!

No comments: