Monday, August 08, 2005

Poof!

You know the feeling you get when you've spent a lot of time and energy on something and it just -poof !- explodes into nothingness ? I kind of have that now. It's not entirely fair that I'm writing this, but it's how I feel right now.

I wanted to write that I'd had a pretty good weekend. Yes, it was also my birthday (I know all two people who read this blog) but I got to avoid celebrating that as much as possible. I'm talking about being interviewed by le Figaro first thing after work on Thursday, about webcomics and ClickBurg. Then installing Probeersel.com's fourteenth member. Then taking care of a few semi-urgent things on Friday, after which I went out with friends in a city where they don't know me. Despite the hangover the next day (not to mention the fatigue from barely sleeping for two weeks straight) I managed to produce a Grim DotCom episode and to only be an hour late publishing it online. After which I also helped launch Michiel van de Pol's new website, CartoonDiarree. The latter despite Space1 having moved servers on Saturday, thus throwing ClickBurg and CartoonDiarree offline all day. All in all, this would have been a good weekend.

Except ClickBurg and CartoonDiarree are offline again. And the whole 'drawing comics live at the fair' thing isn't getting picked up by the media nearly at all. Some media have picked up the story of us slaving away, and those media mostly write about fairs, so that's a nice big, completely different audience, who have been alerted to the existence of webcomics. Yay for us there ! But the other media, especially the (web)comics media, are mostly ignoring the story. And that ticks me off. Both the sites being down and the complete ignoring of the press release. Makes me wonder why I put in the effort at all.

It's just Monday morning grumpiness, I'm sure. Probably also due to being congratulated with my birthday a lot this morning n stuff. I did get more sleep than usual, so my morning mood isn't so bad, but still. Hrmph.
Webcomics media, I know the wussy webcomics drama in the States are great soap writing material, but god damnit, here in the Netherlands we slaved away, live, for 11 days, produced 233 comics in that time, and introduced the phenomenon of webcomics to a new audience over 1 million people in size. Notice that ! And Space1, get off your ass and get that server back online.

Slackers.

No comments: