Friday, October 01, 2004

I'm ready to order.. some Peace and Quiet, please. Can I take that to go ?

Good grief, what a week. I've resumed my job, of course, and it's been a most eventful week there. Also in my own time - nearly every evening this week has been spent with other people. My friend Dave, comic artist Bandirah, comic journalist Johan de Rooij, and tonight Tom was supposed to come over but I'm sort of glad he called that off because I'm beat. I haven't done anything all day simply because I'm so tired. And somehow I'll have to work on The Grim DotCom and the mystery comic, then tomorrow evening I'm supposed to go out with the roommie and some of our friends, and then Sunday morning I have to bike to the middle of nowhere for a birthday brunch of my grandmother's. Monday'll be Animal Day, Tuesday I must remember my parents' wedding anniversary, later that week the roommie celebrates his birthday... I am busy puzzling together the Probeersel booklet as well. I dunno, on one hand I love it - I like keeping busy - but I've come to realise I've become quite homey the past few years. I like being home, watching a few movies, spending time with the cats, drawing, reading, etc. and most importantly I can use some rest.
I think an entire lifetime of having been very busy is starting to catch up with me.

To top it all off some people are making snarly comments towards me that I don't deserve, both on- and offline, and they're kind of annoying me.
Wasn't life supposed to get reasonably good at some point ? That's the lie they raise us with, and I'm still naively waiting around for that shit to happen.

No comments: