Sunday, March 13, 2005

Damnit, I'm Tired.

Okay, there was no Word of the Day on Saturday itself. I spent the entire day working on the new Grim DotCom episode, because it required some research, AND some animating. I was also busy tweaking something in the ClickBurg code for half an hour or so - all in all, I didn't have the time to check the media.

In retrospect, it's good that I didn't, because they really disappoint me today. You'd think that, as tired as I am right now, they would be more considerate and made it easy on me. But no such luck - in the Metro I couldn't find anything, Sp!ts doesn't release a newspaper on Saturday, and I had to read the Telegraaf pretty thouroughly before I found the only real candidate of today. Also, I had typed nearly all this text already when my Internet Explorer exploded, so I'm even slightly ticked off right now. Especially because I *did* quickly ctrl+c the text, but apparently Windows disagreed with that and there's nothing in the copy buffer. Yay !

The Word of the day is 'uitzend-pool'. It's difficult to translate: the word 'uitzenden' means to send out or to broadcast, and it can also apply to temp work. From reading the context I could sort of comprehend that apparently the word here applies to a one-time only team of military police who are sent to Iraq for a few missions that all seem to involve finding out why some of 'our' boys got shot in that whole nastiness there. (I'm tempted to say 'hey, here's a newsflash for you: there's been a war there !' but ahwell)

Since I'll be on the other side of this country for a fair deal tomorrow, give me a few minutes and I'll also pick the Word of the Week.

No comments: