Thursday, April 14, 2005

And Crazier And Crazier.

So yesterday, after work, I had an interview together with ClickBurg-jury president Jeroen Mirck. After that, we both went to get something to eat and then I went home. What wasn't surprising was that I fell deep asleep on the train and overslept, which means I missed my stop. What *was* surprising was that when I got off at Eindhoven, the entire train station was a chaotic mess with drunk soccer hooligans, military police, trains departing from different perrons, entire perrons being blocked.. a mess ! I should have brought my digital camera, because you wouldn't believe the things I saw - from very closeby !

That's just some of the crazy things that have happened yesterday and today - there's a load more but a lot is work-specific and I can't get into detail on them (confidence agreements and whatnot). But today the department got the message from our team leader that we're not allowed to have / read newspapers at our desks. With a very clear look in my direction.
Now, I'm the kind of guy that responds to that 'thanks for telling me but I won't change my behaviour and if that's a problem I guess I'll hear about it on my performance review - where I'll gladly go into debate with you about the merits of keeping up with current events AND put it into perspective to some of my added values to this team'. Or, in short 'yeah, whatever.'

However, as I was rebelliously reading the two free train newspapers at my desk today, I couldn't find a SINGLE CANDIDATE FOR THE WORD OF THE DAY.
None ! None, I tell you, not a single one !

So now I'm going to have to resort to the online newspapers. Will be back in a while to update this.

No comments: