Thursday, May 19, 2005

Another Fine Mess.

Heh, just as I stopped tracking the Word of the Day, last Tuesday (so the first newspaper day after officially stopping) the papers featured the word 'relbelust' - let's just say I'd gladly have nominated it if I hadn't quit. But I need the time - especially this week, since I've got the "Reaper, Baby" project on my hands. That's a ten page story I'm doing for a new magazine set up by some befriended comic artists, and considering who are writing and drawing for the first (or actually zero) issue, it's an honor that they asked me. It also provided me, when I started on this, with a great opportunity to expand my possibilities as an artist int his story, as well as give The Grim DotCom an extra dimension (as the title suggests, it ties into my weekly webcomic series - I'm currently trying my best to synchronize that with the official appearance of the story !), but with ClickBurg and other challenges on my path, this project has been in the freezer for way too long. So now the deadline was last Monday - whoops - with three pages left to go and this upcoming weekend as ultimate deadline expansion. And just yesterday I decided that what I planned to do in those remaining three pages needs to be completely changed.... Good lord, how do I get myself into these situations, TIME AND TIME AGAIN ?! Times like these, I hate being an artist who can't compromise and won't settle for anything less than making the best he can make at that moment. *Groan*...

This is officially the last print project I get myself involved with for quite some time.. at least with webcomics, I can expand the deadline right until the moment of publishing, and I can even expand THAT. But this magazine *has* to be printed and ready by Sunday, June 5th, so there's no escaping: I have to finish this in the next few days.. on top of a new Grim DotCom episode, and delivering another one of the ClickBurg Webcomic Awards ('Clickies') to its winner.

This upcoming Sunday, I hope to have everything done and will be resting. Bigtime. Don't call or email me that day or drop by, I'll be either in bed or in my hammock. Do not disturb.

No comments: