Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Entertaining Like Me.

Last week my Dead Like Me Series 1 DVD came in, and I'm almost through watching all the episodes. Turns out there's one I missed ! And so far - I can't sleep too well this evening so I'm watching some episodes this very moment - it seems to be the obligatory compilation episode, where the plot facilitates the reusage of scenes from past episodes. You know the drill. It's done in a good way though.

Dead Like Me is a lot like the Grim DotCom, but I've already handled that in the past of this blog. (Mental note: the image is dead - ironic, no ? Should fix that.) So now my mind is rambling on wether or not I should do a flashback episode as well, or a series of them. Then again, Clerks (the animated series, that is) already did that in a way more funny style than I would. And it's a six panel comic strip. I'd have to pull some pretty acrobatic stunts to facilitate a plot requiring flashbacks, plus flashbacks, in six panels.

The idea intrigues me now.

And I want my series 2 DVD as well. But it's special import so it'll take longer. Dead Like Me is such a well-written show, they shouldn't have pulled the plug. But then, the trend of recent years is that every good, insightful show gets pulled, so I'll try to just be glad there's two seasons.

I need some sleep. This is a weird week - I guess it's the good kind of weird - and it'll only get weirder. More about that later. For now I'll post this, then shut off the computer and watch the rest of this episode from bed.

No comments: