Wednesday, January 18, 2006

La la la la all better now.

Well, there was some bus fallout and a strike, which meant I nearly missed my dentist appointment AND there was no way to get out of the small village that my dentist is located at, afterwards, but the tooth at least is fixed. And the aenastetic wore off within three hours, which isn't too bad either.
I even didn't mind walking back, so I started walking, and then caught a lucky break because an elderly couple in a car stopped and asked directions for something fairly close to my home. So I proposed that I'd drive along with them - of course, I didn't mention that I have the sense of direction of endangered-panda-sperm, causing us to see half of Tilburg before ending up in the right place. But still, it saved me about an hour's worth of walking.

And again: at least my tooth is fine again ! Wooo !

On a completely different note: to all you people sending me hatemail because I took your beloved Grim DotCom away and replaced it with NetScythe: Thanks for the hatemail, and please, keep sending more, I love this :)

A small thought for you all though: I animated 9/11 into a joke, I sent the pope to hell, I've took a swing at a major Dutch comic artist, and I've bashed women time and time and time and time again. No peep from any of you (the pope episode actually mostly harvested agreement email). So I can safely say that the rabid fans that a lot of other webcomic artists seem to attract, do not read this comic. You all seem to be a reasonable, intelligent, possibly even educated audience. So you didn't get upset over anything else I've done in the comic, and you love what I'm doing and seem to trust that I know really well what I'm doing. Until January 1st, when I did something a bit more drastic and you all decided to email me angry comments demanding that The Grim DotCom returns.

Honestly... you know me a bit by now. Do you really think that demanding something from me will make me comply ? I think it's good we're going through this, you and I, audience. I have a message for all the hatemail-senders out there (meaning my entire audience save one or two who haven't pressed 'send' yet)... and for that, all I have to do is quote a Grim DotCom episode. So here goes:



That's right, I'm in charge and you aren't. And as such, I don't take orders from any of you. If you liked the strip so far, I can only promise you everything will turn out to make sense and it'll all come together again eventually. That's right: show a bit of patience and confidence, NetScythe is an integral part of the bigger story. I am extremely aware of what I'm doing, and you should know that by now, after two and a half years. But hey, I enjoy a good laugh about more hatemail as well as the next comic artist, so by all means, keep sending 'em in :)

No comments: