Monday, January 30, 2006

Peak an' Burn.

I had a great week last week. I started a new webcomic based on a completely zany, nay, insane idea and produced a whopping 6 episodes of it before the end of the week. I drew quite a few drawings for the TekenTopic on ClickBurg and amongst them were several I could be quite proud of. Work was going swell as well. Friday evening I went out with my oldest and still pretty much best friend Tom and we had a great time - and that seemed to be the peak.
Saturday afternoon I'd overslept and had to hurry across the country with a bigass suitcase, while drawing as best I could with new (inferior) fineliners while on the train in order to make the NetScythe midnight deadline by the time I got home. I made the deadline, and the episode actually doesn't look half bad. But by then the very awesome feeling of accomplishment and 'being on a roll' had watered down.
Sunday I wasn't motivated for anything. I didn't feel too healthy, either and decided to spend most of the day in bed. Then, of course, in the middle of the night I couldn't catch my sleep... this morning I overslept and made it to work an hour and a half too late, and most of my day so far has been spent tired, grouchy and, frankly, depressed.

Yeah. Just Another Peak 'n Burn. Business as usual, I suppose.

No comments: