Monday, July 26, 2004

Another Bridge Burnt.

Saturday night (early Sunday) I got deleted off a telnet talker I used to go to called The Dating Game. The only reason I ever started going there in the first place was because the owners are the aunt and uncle of my then-girlfriend, and she went there a lot back then too. I'll admit I 'met' several interesting people there, but the past few years I've been wondering why I still went there at all anymore (not that I showed my face often anymore anyway). So when, Saturday, some people felt offended by some (women-hating) jokes I made, and in fact started playing the biased political game they've always played in that place, I decided to push it further and get everyone pissed off enough to delete me. I couldn't care less anymore, and I'm glad I'm out of there (they don't have a .suicide command).
That's the last of the telnet talkers I ever went to. I noticed I don't use the web to chat anymore - except perhaps for a few forums here and there, and then I try to stay on topic, so most places I post are comics-related. I've stopped seeing the web as a 'place' and started using it as a 'medium'.
My roommate, however, kind of worries me. I have a suspicion he's using the web still as a 'place' and is alienating his Real Life Friends. But I could be wrong. Although that same Saturday evening (before I logged in to that talker for the last time) a friend dropped over who actually agreed with HIM that he migth come by. I ended up playing the host while my roommate never came out his room. That's just plain wrong: someone who agrees to come over with YOU and your ROOMMATE has to entertain them. I mean, the visitor's my friend too, so that's sort of ok, but still.
Ahwell. We'll just see - I'm not my roommie's mom, so. If he wants to sit around online all the time, fine by me.

I think if I'm gonna get any vacation time anytime soon I want to get away somehow for a while. Don't know to where yet and how to afford it, but I need some air, yaknow ? Probably won't happen anyway because I've got work piled up for me to do that I should be doing as soon as I have time off. Blah. Everyone else gets vacations, I get more work....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://ojgmfsno.com/pmpn/pvty.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mnmsmjwd.com/pvdz/kyrt.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://ojgmfsno.com/pmpn/pvty.html | http://urngbbpq.com/lkqb/ofhn.html