Sunday, July 04, 2004

This one goes out to my dad and Joris.

In the light of Marlon Brando's recently passing on to the other realm, I decided to break the rather delicate storyline-setup of The Grim DotCom for once and toss in a reasonably well-timed episode dedicated to his GodFather persona. Of course, I didn't decide on doing this until I had some 22 hours left to come up with the joke, draw it, etcetera. That time was including sleep, occasionally devouring some food, and a few personal shoppings that were direly needed. In other words: an insane deadline. I finished it, though, with two hours to spare no less, so for two hours straight I got the "I've still got it !" feeling which was very nice. Then the "I've been in the god damn house too long" anxiety set in and I rushed off to the bar where I enjoyed the rest of the evening.

That's twice this week I've pulled off a Grim DotCom page at rather insane speed. And both are 'loose' episodes. I'm starting to wonder if the current storyline isn't affecting my work: that working according to a previously outmapped plan is ruining the creative experience for me and puts a brake on my ability to jot down storyboards. Ahwell. The last round is about to begin - all I need are those storyboards and I'm good to go. Storylines and other episodes are mapped out up until and including week 46, which means that until November 15, I know exactly where all this is going.

No comments: