Tuesday, April 13, 2004

One Final Easter Toast

It's 1 at night but I'm gonna go and mix myself a little drink. See, I've spent Saturday, most of Sunday, and the larger part of today, working on The Grim DotCom. And I'm pleased to report the work's paying off. Despite the fact that, just like every week, Sunday meant the launch of another new episode, thus slinking my backstash down by one again, I now have a month and a half of backstash ! And I still have six days before another episode appears, so I'll be continuing the hard work.

So what's so special then about the month and a half, I hear you think ? Yes, I heard that. Don't put on an innocent face, I know that that was what you were thinking.
Well, nothing, besides the fact that the last episode I finished working on now, which'll appear on Probeersel.com a month and a half from now, is the 52nd episode. Of a weekly comic. In other words: I've got the first year of material finished !
Annnnnd THAT, as far as I'm concerned, is worth raising a glass of as yet undefined alcoholic beverage to. Just wanted to share that with ya guys.

The weekend wasn't ALL wasted on drawing, by the way. I slept in a lot, I made sure to sit in the sun today while drawing because it was GORGEOUS weather most of the afternoon, and I was at the Cul de Sac on Sunday night. Even had a lil' afterparty there which was, as always, fun.

I'm also hoping to hear back from my buddy Tom wether or not he would mind house-sitting while I and Viktor are off to Sweden for those four days. I kinda want someone to be here to look after our beloved hell-brats (read: cats) and I suppose I could always ask the neighbours or friends who live close-by, but I'd much prefer someone who'd be here more than just five minutes every evening. Just in case they get ill, or something, and to keep them company, and to let them outside if the weather just happens to be gorgeous. Plus, it'd be a good chance for him to catch up with my movie collection which he'd been wanting to do for a while. And it could be a little holiday for him too. After all, he spends most of his time in Eindhoven in a rather small apartment. He'll have the entire house to himself here for four days, and it's no secret that I think Tilburg is a great place for anyone to spend some time.
If he decides he can't, we still have a few other friends who might be interested, as well as friends and the beforementioned neighbours who'll be in the neighbourhood and can check up on things if necessary. So it's no problem. But I think it'd be good for Tom and he could have fun here.

Anyway, I'm going for that drink now. Talk with you all later.

No comments: