Saturday, April 24, 2004

Who died and made April 24th such a damn special day all of a sudden ?!

Ok, you may not be aware of it, but today's a very very special day. Here's a few reasons why.

First off, it's (international) 24 Hour Comics Day. It's a worldwide event organised to celebrate the first decennium of Scott McCloud's concept. So worldwide, loads of comic artists are busy creating complete 24 page comics within 24 hours. A special book was released shortly ago, with nine of the best 24 Hour Comics from the past ten years, and to celebrate this day as well, another book will be released later this year in June, with several of the best 24 Hour Comics as created on this special 24HC Day. You can find more info here.
I am not participating because, well, I'm not as insane as you may think. I get close, I admit, but still. One of those insane attempts per year is more than enough for me. I still vividly recall my state of mind after the last one. It wasn't pretty. Funny, but not pretty.
If anyone else is participating, good luck ! I mean that. It can be quite rough - interesting, though. If you've never done any (and you draw comics) I recommend trying it at least once. And today's a good day to do it ;)

Today's also Newman's Day, or 24 Hour Beer Day. Little tip I got off the Comics Journal Forum. Read more about that here.

There's a pretty big exposition opening in one of Holland's major art museums, the Cobra Museum, about 70 years of Donald Duck.

And last, but certainly not least, it's Probeersel.com's two year anniversary as the URL we've all gotten to know and love. Go us !

But all in all, it's just a Saturday, where I have to go get groceries, and I have a new T-shirt competition solution to code, and I have Grim DotCom episodes to draw, so I'm thinking I'll try to sit in the sun on some terrace somewhere for a while if I get the chance and that's about as special as today will get for me. Hope nobody minds. The above reasons are good reasons to celebrate, though, so if you were looking for an excuse, or somewhere to go, or something to drink, or something to do for 24 hours straight, I hope I was of some help by bothering to blog this. Feel free to thank me. Now I need sleep, so seeyah.

No comments: