Monday, August 16, 2004

Return of the Ice Queen

Here's a little post for those of you who've known me for longer than two-and-a-half year: the Ice Queen has returned. For real. She was still employed at my company but located in a completely different part of the building, then headed off to Singapore for nine months for reorganisational purposes and has now returned, to the department directly below ours. So I bump into her again during smoke breaks outside (in glorious weather, usually).
For the uninformed a quick boil-down: the Ice Queen is the loving nickname for a coworker from another department that I had a crush on for a while but she was completely unapproachable. Not that I didn't try to get conversations going etc. but she was very standoffish and seemed cold and indifferent to everything and everyone.
Now that time has gone by I'm just friendly to her, and she's surprisingly friendly back nowadays - she even waved at me earlier today. But that might have something to do with her soon leaving the company for good, I dunno. All I know is that despite having lost romantic interest, she turns out to be quite nice and even somewhat interesting when a bit more relaxed, and she remains drop dead gorgeous as well.

Since some of you have upon occasion enquired about her and I couldn't give an answer because I simply didn't know how she was doing or where she was, consider this a little update on your behalves.

No comments: