Sunday, May 02, 2004

Countdown



Just a few more days and I'm - technically - out of Europe once again. At least to my recollection, Sweden wasn't part of the whole union thing yet - I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I won't be paying with Euros and WILL have to show my passport.
Should be fun - my first 'own' trip WITHIN this continent. I've been overseas plenty of times, and technically I've gone to Britain a few years back on a short weekend, but the only border-crossing I did on the mainland here were on trips with my parents when I was younger. I'm excited !
I haven't been working on comics much this weekend - not at all, in fact. Been too busy trying to get this house in an acceptable state for someone else to stay in. A friend of ours, Juriaan, will be catsitting during those four days that Viktor and I will be out of the country.

Just found out (by reading Greg's blog) that Greg celebrates his bday on the very same day I return. However, I have no clue what time I'll be home - it is reasonably bound to be late in the evening, to be honest. So, Greg, I congratulate you now, and try to turn it into a good day. The 18th birthday isn't all that special - speaking from own experience - but it comes with nice perks. You're a 'real' adult in this country now.
Now, the NINTEENTH birthday, on the other hand... doesn't come with too many perks (If I remember correctly, you're allowed to work with wild bulls) but that one was a lot more impressive if I recall. Can't quite remember how I celebrated it anymore but it was good.

Probeersel.com will be in hands of the quite capable staff while I'm gone. And my comics will continue to run. I'm sure I mentioned that before but just to be safe, I'll repeat myself. Everything seems to be taken care of, except for two more days of work coming up. I will try to work on The Grim DotCom at least a bit in those two days, but I'll also have some other stuff to do, so I kind of doubt I'll be posting anything else before I leave on Wednesday. And, well, I'm going to a country with a reputation for being full of beautiful, willing women. So expect not to hear from me again until next weekend ;)
Seeya folks !

No comments: