Thursday, May 20, 2004

Hmmmmmm... could someone light a cigarette and smoke it right next to me please ?

Three days and still going strong. So far it's been very easy. At least it wás, until I sat down with some colleagues on a sunny terrace after work (tomorrow's a national holiday so for me, and by coincidence for them too, it was weekend). I really craved to light a cigarette up, right then and there. It feels unnatural to be drinking without a ciggy. Still, it's not exactly rough yet. I'm simply not smoking. That's about all there is to it. The "craving" is about as bad as, say, considering going for a fried egg in the morning.
So I made it worse for myself to up the challenge. There's a pack in my coat. Unopened. But it's there. So not having any around isn't an excuse anymore, no matter where I'll be, a pack will be within my reach (since my coat goes everywhere I go). Let's see if I go nuts. I sure hope so - what's the point of quitting if I can't get any creative experience out of this ??? Is there any truth in those wild stories that quitters always love to tell, or are they just pathetic winers ? And even if they are, why isn't it rough on me then ? *wink*

Alright, what else is there to tell.. I have to go fix my bike tomorrow. That should be fun.. I get a day off, and where do I get to spend it ? Waspik, fixing a bike. Yay...
I posted my 500th posting today on the Stripliefhebbers Forum. Jeroen Mirck now seems to prefer calling me Status500...

I was exhausted and sleepy all day. Not weird if you consider that I've stayed up very, very late every evening this week, and then the whole trip on Tuesday morning, and the fact that I didn't get home till late that evening and still had some work left to do, and going for that drink tonight also made me late.. but I'm a night owl as people closer to me know. So I just passed the point where I'm still tired and I'm starting to really wake up now. Which can't be good because I should go get some sleep.
I could use a cigarette.. *grins*

Nite everyone !

No comments: