Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Luxury Problems.

I'm trying to play catch-up with The Grim DotCom. It's not going too fast but it's coming along, I suppose. At least I still have my right arm instead of getting gangrene in it during a war or something.

I'm lonely but fuck it, there are people appreciating me and/or my work and even actual friends in my life, and I have more important things to do anyway. Besides, at least I'm not the last survivor after a nuclear blast or anything.

I have too many vacation days left to probably be able to take up this year. I've been working nearly non-stop if you don't count the 4-day trip to Stockholm and the being ill. The kinds of projects I'm assigned to will make it very difficult to actually SPEND the time off somehow. But screw that, at least I'm not OFFICIALLY performing slave labour. Instead I'm merely wasting my life and creativity away in corporate culture.

I haven't slept in ages. But hey, at least I have a bed to lay awake in and a ceiling to stare at. Besides, the cats are good company while they ARE asleep next to me.

I travel halfway across the country four days a week. But hey, at least I don't have to walk a gazillion kilometers just to get a bit of water in the desert.

I'm getting frustrated in my job because I don't know what I want - as always - but do get the feeling I want things to change. Just have no idea how. But at least I have a job and a pretty damn decent income. I'm not lying in the gutters without legs and with fleas all over me.

Gimme a break. I'm trying not to be depressed.

No comments: