Friday, June 11, 2004

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee -kend.

You know how kids can get really annoying and start to nag when they get tired ? Or that they start breaking stuff, or pester people, etc. ? Well, I'm about the least-anxious-to-mature person I know, so I'm also EXACTLY like that. And considering the fact that I haven't slept well since I got ill (with the Haarlem event in between and right after that, the really hot nights) you can imagine I've been uttering some random weirdness wherever I could. Mostly focussed on the forum of the StripSter site. For instance, for some reason - unclear to me as well - I chose to portray myself as a smurf on there, and this started leading its own life with the people there. Also, I started posting as 'Pak Bloem' ('Bag of Flower') who's supposed to be this very anti-René person. It's all in good, clean fun, really, and it entertains me while I lack sleep, but all these things are getting out of hand. Why is that ?? Make a comic about sausages, and it's all people notice. Pretend you're a smurf, invent some other person who's raging a war against you, etc. and people keep bringing it up. It's interesting - can't wait how big a life of their own these random creations o'mine will take on.

European Elections were today. I voted. I share the apathy and total lack of care about Europe that the rest of Holland seems to have, but it just seems wrong to waste a vote. Not voting really isn't a protest when you think about it. Fact is, there's a Europe to be run, and here was your chance - which comes round only once every five years it seems - to have a teeny tiny say in how it's run, and it REALLY doesn't take so damn much of your time, so for god's sake, vote, people.
Ahwell.

Weekend. Lots to do. And tomorrow night I'm supposed to go out with drinking buddy Dave. There goes my weekend, because he and I are notorious for our binging when we go out together. If either of us goes out with anyone else, nothing weird happens, but when we're on the town, all caution's out the window, and all hell breaks loose. Only to get stuck in our heads the next couple of days. Should be fun.
And yay, it's been raining today ! It's a bit cooler, so I'll be able to sleep now. And I can sleep in. So if you'll excuse me, that's exactly what I planned to go do now. Seeyaz.

No comments: