Thursday, June 17, 2004

Title Expiration Date: Yesterday.

I'm feeling a bit down. Or lonely, I suppose.
You may recall that a while back I discussed the NOT appearing in stores of the Coupling series 3 DVD. I can't be bothered to look up the permalink now so just browse through the archives if you want to read more. In any case, it was there today - just arrived yesterday, I was told, and it was the only copy they had so tough luck to any other Coupling fans shopping around the Amsterdam Bijlmer area, haha - and I watched it tonight. Afterwards - and I have to admit I drank a bit while watching it.. yes, on a mid-week evening and yes, I have to work tomorrow.. sod it, I can do my job with my hands tied behind my back, and still leave most of the office miles behind me on specific knowledge - I cracked a little joke on a forum about how watching all those relationship troubles got me down a bit and how one-night-stands with comics groupies aren't all it's worked up to be. But it's true.. after watching the DVD, I felt incredibly lonely. It's feelgood material, but only for those in love or in a relationship.
I, on the other hand, am a fully overbooked comic artist slash webmaster slash 23-hour-job employee slash someone with slight traces of a social life. I run a comic that take me full-time attention and I very occasionally jump in when other Probeersel artists lack backstash for whatever reason (one jump-in action is also full-time by now). I have no time for a relationship and a few years ago, when my last one ended, I chose never to get into one again. I've maintained that belief and I still stand by it, don't get me wrong.
But I've mentioned before, there's a special someone whom I can't seem to get out of my system. I'm fine otherwise, but she popped back into my head tonight. So now I'm tired and lonely and blah. It's a 6+ years curse, and I am starting to doubt I'll ever get rid of it. Or her. And I can never have her - even if my own life and ambitions permitted it. And she doesn't know, so I bear the misery all by myself.
*sighs*
I think I should probably go to bed for those few hours that remain me until I have to drag my sorry old carcass back to work again.

One bit of good news though: I finished the Grim DotCom page I've been working on for three weeks now. And it's looking SPECTACULAR. And I don't often say that about the series. So keep your eyes open for that - it should appear Sunday after next, on Probeersel.com.
So I earned this depressing evening off, fair and square. More Grim DotCom material coming, no doubt, later this week. After all, who needs sleep, or a cure for loneliness for that matter ?

No comments: