Thursday, December 18, 2003

Most Unexpected Turn Of Events.

Perhaps I am an incouragable pessimist, but I really did not expect most of the issues at work to be resolved anytime soon anymore - not before the weekend, and perhaps not even before the fireworks go up and it's 2004. Especially because we seemed to have little to no influence on getting them solved.
HOWEVER - once again, things within ING managed to surprise me: Three of the major issues that were causing loads of problems, have been SOLVED. It started with an issue that we didn't even expect to be able to solve anytime soon, when suddenly a colleague of mine told me we could now solve this, sometime this afternoon. As we went ahead and solved this for a small bulk of users, about an hour later we receive news that another major issue - which had been dragging on for two weeks - had been solved as well. And then the third.
I'm writing this at the office but I'm off work right now - we're having our annual christmas dinner in the department, but due to late booking we can't get a table in the restaurant till 9. It's 6 30 right now - I'm basically waiting for some colleagues to drop their work for the day and join me in heading out to that place and get semi-drunk before dinner.
I don't know if I can make it home tonight though - latest time I'll have to be at the station is just before 11. We'll see. In any case, it's the weekend, and it started off quite well, at least work-wise. I guess that's all I needed to say here. Later, folks !

No comments: