Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I hate this !

OK, still ill. Pulled a mere half day at work yesterday before I really NEEDED to go home. And today I've slept like a log (at least whenever I wasn't coughing) and then walked around the house all antsy. I hate being ill, and being cooked up, and I hate being this weak and vulnerable. I wish bacteria and viruses (or is that virii ?) were 6ft tall, I'd beat the living crap out of them. Instead, I now have to rely on my body to do that for me, and it's taking a HEAVY beating. Besides the ear thing earlier, I can't recall having been this ill in a LONG time. This - really - sucks.

Not that I'd be too anxious to be at work right now, but it's where I'm supposed to be, yaknow ? It pays the damn bills and all that. Besides, I've been placed in a certain role that has a large responsibility towards our clients. I really hate sitting around, feeling like crap, and not being able to do any work. After all, my brain's still functioning moderately well (I'm not too feverish) so if the trainride there, and the atmospheric environment of our office, wouldn't kill me, I really wouldn't see why I wouldn't be there right now.

Wisely also decided to give all the comics a little rest. I'm gonna regret that once I'm better again and am faced with being even further behind on plans, but really, I barely feel up to walking the three blocks to the store to get some orange juice. I did, though, and I feel all the crappier for having done so. But hey, I've got O.J. now. My throat thanks me.

Anyway.. if you'll excuse me, I really have to get back to being ill. Yay...

No comments: