Saturday, February 07, 2004

René van Densen (August 5 1978 - March 1st 2004)

Ok, I may not know the information in the title for certain, but I've got a shitload of work coming at me this month, topped off with the 29th's 24H comic event. If I'm not dead March 1st, I'll sure as hell be exhausted to a new limit.
I'm feeling really down and really lonely as of late. To make matters worse, all I'm spending my time on anymore are the damn comics; if it's not work for the other artists or for the site, it's reformatting the Probeersel books or working on Worst Case Scenario or The Grim DotCom - and people wonder why I can only talk about comics anymore. To make matters worse, the most exciting thing I'm involved with at work is all about, you guessed it, comics !
Not that my fascination with the medium, nor my enthousiasm about others' or my own work in this field, has diminished, but I'm kinda burning out.
I was working on Probeersel book 2 tonight when I suddenly semi-snapped. I *HAD* to get out of the house. I was going nuts, all cooked up in this goddamn place. I wasn't sure what came over me, but I HAD to get out. So I did - and as soon as I got out and looked up at the night sky, I saw what was up: it's a full moon.
If I haven't brought this up before, I'll do this now: at full moon, whatever's been the general defining quality of the past month in my life will come back tenfold. If I've been tired often in the past month, I'll be exhausted. If I had any kind of money trouble, I'll be pretty much broke. If I've been working my ass off, I'll be doing even more work at full moon. If I've been horny - well, you get the idea.
This month it's been nothing but frustration with work - sure, I got a lot done, and sure, it's all important stuff that really needed to be done, but it was ALL tedious, forced, and very time consuming. So tonight, I was even more frustrated, and there we go. I had to get out of the house.
Unfortunately, going to the Cul de Sac didn't help one bit. I haven't been there in too long, really - I'd even gotten un-used to having to PAY for my drinks. I've been cooked up in the house, working long hours, as I said.
Loud music, loads of people, and there I was, sitting, drinking and smoking and feeling too tired to register anything that was going on. I left before closing time, also because I ran out of money (in my wallet, that is, not as in, at the bank..).
So yeah.. I'm gonna go sleep soon. And I hope this frustration and loneliness passes soon. At times like these I really hate that full moon.

No comments: