Friday, February 27, 2004

This Might Be Our Last Contact Before Sunday

Alright, I've finally finished the scripts. Overlooked and unexpected bugs all over the place, man - I swear, I had no clue that what I so far mostly did myself through FTP was so damn hard to automate. And it's still only automated for a very special kind of comic - the Probeersel.com February 29th 2004 24 Hour Comics !
You'll see that, as announced, only three artists will participate. So we're talking about three comics. And it took me four days to code this.
But meh, I won't get bitter and cynical here. I've coded it just so that any of the Probeersel.com artists can still, at the last minute, decide for themselves if they want to join in on the attempt. So we'll see.
Big thanks to Tom who helped me test the final script, he brought up a point or two that I hadn't thought of yet. Of course, after those tests HE went to play a drinking game with his friends while *I* struggled with Perl for nearly three hours more. But still, if he hadn't mentioned it, Sunday could have been an unexpected fiasco and I might have had to cut my own 24 Hour Comic attempt short just to fix everyone else's problems... As it is I can finally relax. Sunday will go fine - at least the technical part of it all.
I do hope my ISP won't be especially crappy that day - that'd cost me time. And probably a lot.

So yeah, I'm definately nervous about Sunday. Still no idea what I'm gonna do.
Hey, if any of you are in the Netherlands and you want to watch me work on this attempt (if you're THAT bored) you're welcome to it. I'm in the phone book (regular readers know who I am) and there's booze and a pool table in the house. Could be fun, and I might just get better inspiration with people around. Well, decide for yourselves if you want to drop by that day.

I *was* planning on going to the Cul de Sac tonight to see how the renovation activities went the past week, but by the time I'll get there now it'll be crowded again. I'm not in the mood for that. I have a bit of time to kill during the day tomorrow so perhaps I'll visit there for a short bit then.

Anyway, as the title said, this is probably my last post until Sunday. And if this 24 hour comic attempt is really rough, I likely won't exactly take the time to log in and update my blog at any time. So if you don't hear from me, that'll be why.
Keep an eye on Probeersel.com, because you'll be able to see, live, what we upload. You can sort of follow our progress that way. It'll be fun !

No comments: