Sunday, February 01, 2004

More Of The Same.

Again I'm getting more the feeling that nothing I do is appreciated. Vik blew up once again today about the household stuff - and, as always, only at a moment that's CONVENIENT TO *HIM*. It's never "hey, we need to do a lot of household work, let's do that tomorrow" or "next week", no it's always NOW and only because NOW *HE* has the time and wants it done. He can eat my asshole next time he tries to get it done this way.
Wouldn't be so damn bad if he was RIGHT. But truth is, despite the fact that I only actually share taking out trash, cleaning cat litter, I *AM* the one who doesn't forget to feed the damn cats, am the only one to take out the recycle paper, and I seem to be the only one who ever does the dishes (though I'll admit to being a slacker in this last field), there's three things that bother me about his 'contributions' to the household:
1) he's always done a HELL of a lot quicker than I am. Since he works about as fast as I do, that makes me question how much work 'his' end of the deal really is that he gets so friggin' worked up about it.
2) his work is SLOPPY at best. To demonstrate this, I went over all his work after I was done with mine, today, downstairs. Not that he'll ever notice that we now do NOT have any spiders anymore in the house, or that all the damn dust is now GONE instead of cooked up in wet spots where he quickly ran a wet rag over.
3) he always has a 'holier than thou' victim attitude about the whole deal. Like he's perfect and I'm slacking, despite the fact that he's home many hours before I am each work day, and doesnt have a 'non-paying second job' like me. But now I'm being hypocritical, because I'm putting myself in the same damn position as he is. And I refuse to lower myself to his level. It's pathetic. But it does get me more and more angry about his shit.

Also, I contribute a lot more to the friggin' morale in the house. I buy extra booze, large quantities of chips, beer for guests (which he more often than not ends up drinking whole), I've put a pool table in the house, went out of my way to rig two vcr's and one dvd player into an entire entertainment set-up downstairs to play anything, keep dragging videos and dvds home that I think he'd like a whole lot better than I would (next to the ones *I* want to see, of course), I try to invite people over, I tell him fun stories, etc. etc. and all I ever get is his fucking attitude every one in a while, when his internet gf is on the rag or whatever.
So I made a change. I dragged all my dvds and tapes back upstairs (he can just watch tv and find out there's NOTHING on) and the tv guide (which *I* alone am paying for but often ends up in HIS room). It's immature, but I can use this stuff in my own room a lot better, and I don't see him paying for any of this shit. More and more I'll be reconsidering contributing anything to the 'fun' in the house, and we'll just see if he notices a fucking difference. I've kind of had it, at least for now, anyway. He can just go to hell.

No comments: