Monday, October 27, 2003

Alright, three and a half more days (at work).

Turns out most of the things that will cause the upcoming hellish period for our department are being escalated and perhaps even fixed on time, so I'm feeling a lot less guilty about bailing out for three weeks. Contrary to the belief of some of my coworkers we're still not quite the Titanic, then. Good to know. I'd like to come back to something that's still afloat.
Postponed my dentist appointment by a week since I'll be in Philly. Notified my folks that I won't be home. Told Vik so he'd remember to take care of the cats n stuff. Asked Tom to be the technical backup for Probeersel in case something crashes or whatever in my absence. Put up a backstash of Worst Case Scenario that lasts right up to and including the day of my return, and just had an idea for one for the next day, so that should be fine. Grim DotCom is still taken care of until the second week of the new year. Notified people online. Matt & Justin from RWWR might come and hang out with me while I'm there, which could be fun. Sionnain is looking into visiting Philly, too. Then again, her journal states she also wants to go to Holland. She's gonna sell rocks to fund all this. 'People like rocks'. *chuckles*
We even brainstormed about naming the concept the I-rock. You know, like rocks that say 'I rock'. It's genius, man. (writing it here to prove we thought of it first !! Don't even try to steal the concept !)
So yeah.. it's starting to look like I'm all set. Just need to finish the half year report for Probeersel.com and upload it on the 1st, buy a scarf (since my old and very good one was flea-infested a few months ago and I threw it out, and it will still be reasonably cold there, as it is over here), I have to pack, I have to code a temporary solution so all the other artists can update news and Joep can manage the Worst Case Scenario episodes, and that should be about it.
Wow.
Vacation.
I can barely believe it, myself ;)

René out - I have some actual work to do, and in between I want to muse some more about actually going on vacation. Later folks.

No comments: