Monday, October 20, 2003

"Read My Lips: No More Vacation !"

Well, so I requested the time off, and of course, there are things going on that might undermine it. I should have expected that - certainty is one thing our department never has much in stock. I'll hear more in a few days - for now, the answer is 'yes unless we decide against it after all'.
New policy, too: we are to request this at least a month in advance, preferably two, and half a year if we were to follow the ING's standards. We never did, before, so yeah. I'm not quite happy and the only thing that stopped me from speaking up is that I heard a few of the things that were involved in their decision. I'm not happy with those, either. And I have to keep them quiet which is worse, because this is something that will really ruin the department's morale for a while. I need time off more badly than I've ever needed it before. If I was smart I'd give them my one month's notice and move on. Or take some risks and try something new. I dunno. I think it's unfair that my request - though admittedly filed late - is balancing on a yes/no wire, and I think it's even more unfair what's going on, let alone that it's been put on my shoulder to keep a lid on it.
*sighs* I wish I was home. I could use a drink right about now.
Guess I'll have to settle for some coffee and a cigarette. Just realised: I never even liked coffee until a few weeks ago.
Gonna go for a walk and get me some of each.

No comments: