Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Can't Let This Day Pass Without A Post...

So yeah, yesterday sucked and a lot about today sucked too, but all in all it somehow was a better day than the previous one. I've also been kept a slight bit more busy - not by much, but enough to not get round to posting a blog entry for today from work. So I'm doing that now.
The bad news I was told yesterday isn't TOO bad anymore today on account of that the person it involves is ok with it. That makes it a slight bit easier to bear. And I don't think I have to cancel my vacation or postpone it or anything. But we'll see.
Got home a little late, which is the railroad company's fault combined with a departemental drink. Scanned another few episodes of Worst Case Scenario - that backstash should be growing. Why doesn't it seem to be ? Damn daily comics... And next saturday's episode is our take on the Dutch - and awesome - cartoons of Fokke&Sukke, so I emailed the creators to point that out to them. Jean-Marc van Tol emailed back, and he was really cool about it which kicked ass :) I've been in touch with several cartoonists and comic artists that I admire in my short time of running probeersel.com so far, but it never really gets old. Artists who rule who email me will always brighten my day - famous or not ! Which reminds me, I still have to go catch a beer sometime with that Miguel guy. I found a drawing by him in Cul de Sac and tried to find him, a few weeks back. His rough sketches clearly revealed that he is an Arist Who Rules - a mix between Don Bluth and Franquin. I couldn't track him down successfully, but I'm kind of a semi-somebody in that bar so the bartenders there voluntarily kept an eye out for him and told him to contact me. So he did :) :) This is a short while ago now, but it still rules.
Anyway, my body's desperate for a shower and the face needs a good shave, and besides I don't really have anything very insightful to spill today, so I'll keep it at this. René out.

No comments: