Sunday, October 19, 2003

I am the lizard king, I can do anything...

... except draw comics.
I've done jack shit today again. Well, I did the webmaster thing as I wrote earlier (I still consider the current day Saturday even though for an hour and a half now it's been Sunday officially).
Gregory (Cathalina, creator of Probeersel.com's own daily comic God.inc) emailed me today to say he uploaded a backstash up to the 23rd - his 1 year jubileum. Good for him - and I mean that completely, good for him. 365 comics, appearing daily - I know that that's the intention with Worst Case Scenario as well, but I can barely imagine pulling it off. And he's done it at age 17. Not everyone may like his work, but I think he rocks.
I don't know what's up with me. Everything I need to do sinks away in a big pool of mental quicksand these days. I've had good excuses: first there was the heat for two months which prevented me from doing nearly anything creative. Then there was the flea outbreak - that was a whole lot of fun, too. Then I had no excuse except I was rediscovering how to have fun for a while - I'd like to thank Becks here for that. And then my head was swimming with new ideas and exciting new concepts for comics that needed to chrystallize. Well, now even that has happened. So I'm all out of excuses, I should get my thumb out of my lazy ass and start catching up with the Grim DotCom, as well as continue to build a safe backstash for Worst Case Scenario. I had the entire day to do that. But first I slept off a hangover, then I did some online Probeersel webmaster stuff, and then I went downstairs and did 2 weeks of dishes. During that I put on a dvd, and when I was done I had also planned to vacuum and then git ta drawing. No go on both plans - much to the enjoyment of my two cats who gratefully slept on their living bed. But after watching the The Doors dvd (again) I went upstairs and read Gregory's email and I feel guilty all over again.
And that's just what I needed on top of my other guilt trip: a very old friend's been calling. He wants to see me again.
Those who know me a bit better than most know I mean the sea here. I visit my friend once a year - usually around autumn, whenever he calls me. And he's been calling for over a week now, but I haven't made the time. I will have to, tomorrow. Or else I'm afraid he might not talk to me again anymore.

So don't bother me with anything tomorrow, for I won't be here. I may not go online all that day. I may not draw. I may not write. I may not even feed the cats.
I'm going to visit my old friend.

No comments: