Wednesday, October 22, 2003

You know it's a bad morning when...

So I wake up after sleeping on the train - you see, I sleep on the train as part of my being 'flexible'. My daily schedule conflicts with the amount of sleep I need since there's only 24 hours in a day, so I catch up with little naps on trains and such. My eyes open and there's this beautiful woman right across from me - I'm not talking 'just' sexy, cute or whatever, but 'supermodel-stunning'. Like, wowsah. The kind of woman that'll make your jaw hit the ground. Gorgeous long blond hair, face of an angel, well-dressed in a not TOO corporate way, and no rings.
So what's bad about this morning ? That the thing that woke me up was the conductor announcing over the speaker that we'd arrived at my office's station and I needed to get off the train.
Ahwell. Having a bad hair day anyway ;)
Drank several cups of coffee so far just to get my brain to start SOME chemical processes, and there's yet again ZILCH to do. I had ONE email - and the person who sent that also called immediately after to assure the news message would be pasted on his website as soon as possible. And since I'm pretty good at my job, two minutes later I sent off a message saying it was on his website and on its way to the live server. It's starting to look like that pretty much summed up the morning of my working day. Why do I even bother trying to get up on time ? I should indulge my tendency to oversleep, more often, really. Especially on weeks like these. Almost did, too - the alarm went off and I spent a few minutes debating internally to try and spur myself to leave the warm, comfy dreamworld of being under the covers and venture out into the cold, harsh reality yet again, and just as I was about to get up, my cat Damien jumps on my back and makes himself comfortable to sleep there. In case you don't have cats: it's a reasonably pleasant, warm feeling and your first impulse is to prefer falling asleep for another wile like that, instead of throwing the cat off and start walking zombie-style through the house, going through the routines of finding and putting on clothes and brushing your teeth and whatnot.
So after doing my full two minutes of work, I made my 'rounds' on the WWW, and found nothing much had been updated since last time I checked several of my favourite sites. So now I'm bored out of my wits. Hence the blogpost. What makes it even worse is that now that I've written all this, I can't think of anything more to write here, so that's that, too.
Think I might draw for a bit. We'll see. René out.

No comments: