Thursday, October 23, 2003

Thank God For Libraries

Today's 'Worst Case Scenario' showed a broken image. I didn't discover this until I was at work - and the proxies here don't allow me to update the storage files system I built for probeersel.com. So I wouldn't be able to fix the problem until I got home, which would be at 8 o'clock tonight... needless to say, I spent every moment I could spare trying to come up with a solution - including pestering Joep who brought his laptop with him. However, his modem wouldn't dial in so that didn't work either. It suddenly hit me, when I couldn't find any nearby internet cafés in the phonebook, that libaries often have internet services too. So I found one that's practically around the corner, and in a total of ten minutes later (6 of which were for walking over to there and back) the problem was fixed. I am a happy camper again - the only one reporting the problem was my buddy Tom, so I don't think it bothered too many of our readers yet.

Anywho, back to work (yes, I've actually got a few things to do - though not too many).

No comments: