Saturday, February 05, 2005

And Now For One Ahead Of Schedule.

Since I want to spend my Sunday on a few things, possibly even *not* working on something creative (although I likely will be doing that after all), I've decided to go ahead and post the Word of the Week early. Not too much early since it's nearing eleven, so in a little more than an hour it wil be Sunday anyway, but still.

I first want to put a nuance in about my previous posting. I'm reminded of a clever line from the (rather bad) movie 'Lost in Space', that if you don't have time for fun, what's the use of saving human life ? So in all fairness, if people want to spend their time in decadent ballroom environments, all the best to them. I fear that it's more a matter of taste than of its ethical place in society. It's not my taste, and to me it's like our Dutch royalty: pointless and if you ask me it can be easily done without. But some people do find it fullfilling, so it's not my place.
Still, I think it doesn't require an actual 'ball season'.

Ok, the nominees from the past week:

Monday: Lynndiën
Tuesday: computermotor (when used to mean Operating System)
Wednesday: vuurwerkramp
Thursday: hortensiaplunderingen
Friday: nieuwspersonen
Saturday: Balseizoen

And the winner is... Lynndiën.
The Word of the Day will return again Monday. Enjoy the weekend, folks.

No comments: