Friday, February 04, 2005

Quick Read For Today

Still not well, which is annoying, because now it's on my own time and I have things to do. Anyway, I only peeked into the Metro for a few minutes today, and yet again I hit jackpot as far as I'm concerned: there's a short article in there about the Tokkies, who gained national celebrity as being the most anti-social family in the Netherlands (yes, that's what it takes to get your fat mug on TV here these days) and who have now been selected as 2004's most important people in the news in a poll amongst High School students. Or, as the header of the article calls them 'nieuwspersonen' (news persons).
I tried looking further but then my eye caught a photo caption elsewhere on the page which talked about 'black light' by which they mean a blacklight, which in Dutch should simply be called 'UV-licht' so I decided to quit while not too annoyed yet.

No comments: