Tuesday, November 18, 2003

About that 'Mom Discovers Blog' thing...

About this news item... you dolt, if you're so worried about the fact that your mom found your blog through google, why allow this interview where you reveal all your vices in snack-ready bitesizes ? If she indeed hadn't found these things in your blog yet, she will surely find them in this news article. DORK !! Ok, just had to say that.
Blogspot by the way updated their 'we have no stance on what to do when your mom finds your blog' message with the following FAQ... for anyone who's interested.
Ok, René, so it's 5 15 in the damn morning and you're up. WHY ?? Well, first off, I've been sleeping too much (yes, there is such a thing). I've also fallen asleep at 10 last night, and considering I usually sleep from about 2 or 3 AM to 6 30 AM on a (working) weekday, I'd say I've done well on the catching-up-on-my-sleep thing. Secondly, I realised the Worst Case Scenario backstash was only ready up until and including today. So I quickly made one for tomorrow. Thirdly, I have to get up in about 15 minutes anyway and get ready to head out to Waspik, my home village where I wasted the better part of my life away getting held back in my development. Why would I want to return to this Dutch version of a redneck town ? Well, here's the one redeeming quality about Waspik: they have a few awesome dentists there. I've tried some of the dentists in Tilburg and just HAD to switch back because I realised how spoiled I'd been all these years. My own dentist is a helluvaguy, with excellent service, where visits never take longer than five minutes, and the bill makes you laugh out loud and go to work whistling a tune. Sufficient to say my dentistry experiences in Tilburg, otherwise one of the greatest cities on this planet, were less satisfactory. So twice a year I go to the dentist in Waspik.
Then I have to actually start drawing soon - there's backstashes to be rebuilt for Worst Case Scenario as well as The Grim DotCom, damnit ! Plus, there's a few ideas that have crystallized into storyboards while I was in Philly that I should start working on as well. And by 6 I have to be in Utrecht because we're giving our colleague (I mentioned him somewhere near the beginning, around the time I started considering going to Philadelphia) a proper goodbye. So we'll be drinking like there's no tomorrow ;) ;)
Sooooo... yeah, you could say I have a busy day ahead of me. One that started early and ends late, no doubt. Just when I thought the Philly craziness was over, the Tilburg madness starts. I have a feeling this will be another one of those vacations which you need a vacation from right afterwards...
As to how I'm doing, I've been stammering around the house all day yesterday, feeling really out of it. Reality didn't quite seem to register, everything was just signals like someone was TELLING me what I was experiencing, instead of direct data processing in the head. Wonder how long this Philly Swoon will last, because I'm still sort of in it. Then again, perhaps it's just narcolepsy.
Eeek, my alarm went off. Ok, guess I'm not crawling back under the covers before heading out. *shivers* Talk with you later folks. If I have the time for it.

No comments: