Thursday, November 13, 2003

Morning... Too Early... Coffee...

Ugh, I'm getting some serious sleep deprivation - I keep staying up late in the hostel, drinking, and then sleeping until 9 when the process of kicking the guests out for the day starts. I dragged myself to the ING Direct café today and just walked in saying 'coffee... please...' - small or large ? - 'um, coffee... anything.. yeah, large' - do you want it in a mug or a cup ? - 'ummm... *brain creaks and croaks* cup, please... sorry.. not awake...'
Apparently it was amusing to witness, though. So it's all good. My brain's kicking into gear now but it's still sluggish - I could go for a couple more hours of napping or so. Anywho.
Do I have some stories to tell !! Stories about the Academy of the Fine Arts. About the yearly fundraiser auction at the Print Centre. About going out to celebrate Jack's birthday, which included trying to find a malasian restaurant, and chatting with a cute greek girl (Maria) at Molly's. About going to Buck County to visit Kristen, that artist I mentioned before. About danzels in distress at the hostel. About L.C. and Tremaine. About the Robot Lady, the Bear Cave, the Bird Cage, the Whistling Man, Ms. IHaveAnotherQuestion, Maïté, Janene, Deborah, and many other interesting guests that I encountered at the hostel so far. But I ain't gonna.
It's odd - I usually adjust to my surroundings pretty quick, but each day has been so eventful it feels like I've been here 11 months, not 11 days. I feel right at home and accepted everything around me as reality. Returning home is going to be very, very odd, indeed. I still recall Viktor, the posse, Satan and Damien, my colleagues, and everyone, but somehow it seems like all that is ages away. I am a bit homesick, though. I think the time's starting to get ripe for returning - which is good, because that's in another few days.
In any case, it's a great day today, and I have no clue what I'll do. I do want to finally finish reading Blackwood Farm, and I have some more books lined up. So I think I'm just going to chill, try not to do anything eventful anymore, and that'll be it. Just take it easy on my last few days in Philly, ya know ?
I'm gonna miss this place. It's going to be odd. Ahwell - at least I'll never be able to say that I regretted going back to here.

No comments: