Wednesday, November 05, 2003

It was about time for a Good-Time-hangover.

So yeah, I spent a bundle on comics yesterday, when I finally found Craig Thompson's critically acclaimed earlier masterpiece Goodbye, Chunky Rice, as well as several other really nice books and a few awesome JTHM t-shirts. Then I had some really greasy chinese food (ewww) that was too much for me (even though I'm quite the big eater normally) and in the evening, me and the RWWR crew (Matt, Justin, Daemonlord) hung out for a while which was awesome.
However, my vacation budget has been FLYING out of my wallet so I really need to tone down on some things for a few days or else I'll be taking out more than I was planning on. Not that that would result in problems anytime soon, but you just kind of want to avoid that and reserve that for real emergencies, yaknow ? So yeah, the next few days I'm on a low budget. Which sucks because the free bike is having issues with its hind wheel. I've been looking for a good wrench to fix it - I grew up in bicycle country, after all, so I know a thing or two about fixing bike messes, but without even a wrench there's really fairly little I can do. So I've been looking for a wrench again this morning, and being in such a situation gives you a whole new perspective on a city like this. You walk around thinking 'OK, I need a wrench' and there's like NO hardware stores anywhere. Seriously. It's all barber shops, museums, diners, restaurants, bars, clothing stores, nail salons, phone shops, bookstores, cd stores, etc. etc. and you find yourself thinking "What kind of sissy mommy's boys city IS this ??"
Not to detract from the charm of the city to me, because I still think Philly is a great place to be, but in all frankness, I NEED A WRENCH. NOW.
I'm resourceful though, so I'm sure I'll dig up a place where they actually sell them. I'll be fine.

Ended up spending most of the day at the Schuylkill river yesterday, because of the awesome weather. Lots of gorgeous women jogging there, by the way ;) It's quite bit more dreary today so I'm thinking museum or movie or something. Matrix Revolutions is coming out today so I'm gonna try and catch that. From what I gathered online there's also day shows of it, so I'm gonna try and beat the big run to the ticket office by waiving the 'nothing to do during the day' privilige. *grins*
Anywho, talk with you later folks, my half hour here is almost up again. Laterz !

No comments: