Sunday, November 09, 2003

[witty title I didn't feel like coming up with]

Again it's gorgeous weather, but, like yesterday, it's pretty cold. I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art yesterday with Jack, and we saw pretty much EVERYTHING. Which, as anyone who's ever been in that museum, is an ARCHIEVEMENT. We did have a visual information overload towards the end, though, so we left quickly. And it took us over four hours to make the rounds - and I kind of cheated, since I still recalled the museum rather well from five years ago, when I went to it two or three times. So anyone pulling that off in under four hours has my respect.
Then I went back to the hostel, but not before quickly checking out Borders (books, music and movies) and finding American Beauty - Sionnain reads this journal from time to time, so I'd just like to say to her: I've by now found Chasing Amy and this one, so you don't have to try and find these two movies for me anymore. I might, however, come up with some other titles if they're hard to find ;)
Then I fell asleep after reading a few chapters of Anne Rice's Blackwood Farm in the hostel, and just as I was napping, my incredibly loud cellphone woke me up. It was the family I'd stayed with on my last visit, they were going to a movie, if I'd like to go as well ? The movie was "Km.0" and it was pretty cool. It was a Spanish movie, and despite being a foreign movie in a rather cultural city, it was not anywhere near philosophical or important: it was just a delightfully entertaining and sweet little fairytale and mostly it was light, feel-good nonsense. It was cute and everyone left the theatre having had a good time. I guess that can count as a good movie, under the right circumstances, too, then - right ?
I'm back at the ING Direct café again, which is turning out to be my morning livingroom - I have yet to start the day off somewhere else. I didn't have any plans today, but Greg (Greg's an Aussie who checked in a few days ago and we've been hanging out with him a lot) is renting a car and Jack called me to tell me they're gonna go see Amish people, if I'd like to go as well ?
Um, sure, why not ? So I guess that's what I'm doing today. Should be fun.
So, I guess I'll talk with y'all later !

No comments: