Saturday, November 01, 2003

OK, now I'm getting nervous.

This is it.. I think I've made all necessary preparations, but you always forget something, don't you ? So I'll just have to see what it turns out to be once I get there, because this time tomorrow I'll be watching the last movie on the plane before landing sometime soon.
You won't believe how stressful these past few days have turned out to be after all.. setting up a quick upload solution so Joep can update Worst Case Scenario while I'm not there and still see what has and hasn't been done resulted in me coding till two thirty on thursday night, during which coding an infinite loop slipped into the code that crippled the server for a few hours. It later turned out also to make the error logs grow nearly exponentially, resulting in a 150+ Mb error log, whereas I still only had some 90 Mbs left of server space. So of course, Protagonist gave me shit about it, but then again, I couldn't delete these logs because I don't have access !
They and I figured it out, but all this took place early this morning, while I was trying to stay awake enough to finish the half year report, so yeah.. I had a great morning. Wonderful. Must do that again sometime.
And then there was the wonderful experience of Satan peeing into my only still useful suitcase while I was hanging up laundry. I love my cats !!!! So I had to go out today and get myself a new suitcase. Did get a really good Samsonite, though - figured, if I'm getting a new suitcase anyway, might as well get one that'll last me a long time, right ? And it's a nice one, too. So it's all good, except that these habits of both our cats of peeing on everything except their own kitty litter really should be stopped somehow. It's getting bloody annoying. And then the shower drain was clogged up yesterday while I was taking a really late shower and that was loads of fun as well.. But it's none of my concern for the next two weeks: I'm gonna leave the entire household behind me. I'm sure I'll miss the cats (especially at night, no nice warm heavy lumps of fur slumped over my sleeping body anymore) and who knows, maybe I'll even miss Viktor. But I truly think it'll be REALLY good for me to be out of there for a while.

So this is it: I'm going to Philadelphia. Don't know if I'll be posting anything at all while I'll be there, but rest assured, as long as I'm not posting, I'll make sure I'm safe and having a grand time. So if you don't hear from me for a while, check back after the 16th.

René out. Tom's coming over tonight, and he's agreed to look after probeersel.com while I'm gone. Poor bugger - the whole deal with the logs should give him an idea of the crap he could be getting himself into.. Later folks !!

No comments: