Thursday, November 06, 2003

Please, just ONE quiet day.

I'm really in the mood for a nice quiet, rather uneventful day. And so is my wallet, to be frank. I'm currently hanging out again in the ING Direct café and I'm considering just staying put till 4 30. I've got some books I can read, and I've got my drawing materials with me, and the people who work here are reasonably entertaining to talk with (as are the visitors) so I just might stay put, too.
I have a load of things I could tell you guys but I really just don't want to, to be honest *evil grin* it's nothing spectacular, just, things I've encountered here. Glad the mayor election craziness is over, that was just flat-out bizarre. People here take their elections extremely seriously, man - I've seen candidates driving around spouting messages through megaphones that their opponents are nazis and fascists, and people holding up signs next to the road with 'honk for [candidate]' and stuff like that. It's so very different from Holland.. I've never seen supporters of opposing political camps beat on each other, literally. Supporters of opposing soccer teams, sure, but never political supporters. Eerie stuff.
Alright, guess I'll go back to sitting at either the bar or a table, we'll see. René out.

No comments: