Friday, November 07, 2003

"Hey, do we serve water in this place ?!"

To all you movie fans: apparently there ARE Coyote Ugly saloons in the States. In fact, Philadelphia has one, and yes, the cleavage there is as impressive and tightly packaged as in the movie - if not worse. *grins* However, it's a kind of sad place to be on a Thursday night, because I've seen funerals with a more festive spirit than it was in there last night. Maybe I should check it out again on a busier day or somethin'. Who knows ;) Nobody even got on the damn bar or anything !
I guess that oficially makes my 'quiet day' a failed attempt, so perhaps I should just stop trying. However, it's gorgeous weather again today, so perhaps I'll just hang out at one of the two rivers again. The Mütter Museum was good to revisit yesterday, though I seem to recall a reall 'hall of death', a hall with nothing but skeletons, there, and I saw no such impressive thing there yesterday. So I dunno, perhaps they got rid of part of their collection or closed a hall due to it being the off-season. Got some cool drawings done there though.
Today's the day of the First Friday events, which is a monthly recurring event in Philly (on, big surprise, the first Friday of the month), where all the art galleries open for free and artists go out in the street and there's music and everything, and as I recall from five years ago, it's pretty cool. So I'll be checking it out, especially if it's going to be the weather it looks it will be.
So I'm sure today will be an entertaining day. I'll talk with you guys some other time !!

No comments: