Monday, November 10, 2003

Me Again, It's The Cat In The Hat...

Well, I do wear a hat. And I am a bit of a cool cat, right ? No ? Not even a bit --> <-- ? Hrm. Ok. Nevermind then.
We did go to Amishville yesterday (Lancaster, PA) and it was pretty cool. We went to Valley Forge first, though, a big forest park near Philly where the Americans hid and licked their wounds after the Brits had kicked their hineys. Then they trained heavily, got their act together, and laid some asswhoopin' on them Brits. It's all Rocky, man. I swear.
So, ok, question: If you had to be on a train to Boston from a Philadelphia train station in the middle of a heavy-traffic area, at six, so at traffic hour, would you rent a car and drive sixty miles out of the city and not head back into the city until you had about an hour to go, and leave your bags on the OTHER side of the city as well ? Greg would.. if it wasn't for the combined efforts of Jack (guiding him back TO Philly) and me (guiding him through the quickest routes within Philly - stuff you'd normally never realise unless you drive a bicycle around) he would NEVER have made it. But, as far as I know, he made it. He should - his solution of bypassing any trouble with the car rental company was: parking the car in a paid spot and handing me the keys and the parking ticket before running to catch his train just in time - I didn't mind, hell, I just hope he made it, because they kept me there for twenty minutes because there was only one desk girl and noone who could drive the car to the rental company's garage (just a couple of feet away from it) because I don't drive. Yay !!
Ahwell. Had a good evening: Seth, our more spiteful manager in the Bank Street Hostel, decided to lay Singing In The Rain on us for the evening movie (every evening at 9 they play a movie). Now, I've seen this movie some 11 times in my life, and more than once was already enough for it to get on my nerves every time again. It's not a BAD movie, but it's so damn cheesy, poorly acted, ADHD-hyper, and the actual good jokes are rare with large chunks of pulp in between. It definately is NOT a classic in my book, and I wasn't afraid of telling the truth about it while I was semi-forced to watch it, anyway *grins* So Seth, spiteful little man as he is, played the song (Singing In The Rain) over and over and over the remainder of the evening, and after an otherwise very nice night of sleep, at 9 we all awoke in room 3 to that very song again. I'll admit it made me chuckle but damn, what a spiteful little mind. I definately have to lay some more button-pushing on him, I bet it's fun. *grins* Ahhhh how I love tormenting people who get angry or spiteful over nothing.
So what's on the agenda for today ? Well, for one, my prepaid card is almost spent, I discovered last night to my major surprise. I checked it Friday and it said I spent only four of thirty bucks, with over 45 minutes of calling. Two days of barely any calling later and it's some three bucks ?! T Mobile, man... I'm starting to suspect I'm bent over and they're using me for storage. So anyway, I need to go pay them some more mulah so I can stay in business with this stupid cell phone. Then I have no plans, I might go to the Academy of the Fine Arts, since I landed some free tix to there, and it sounds interesting enough to check out. Then again, if it does get some warmer today, I might just as well just bike around and enjoy one of the last sunny days we might get for all I know.
In any case, my typing time is about up again, so it's time to go bother my colleagues (ING, after all) at the little coffee bar to my left, again. See ya folks.

René out.

No comments: