Tuesday, January 27, 2004

And Now Something About Drawing

I've been receiving some comments lately from a few of you that, for a comic artist, I write wefully little about drawing in my blog. THIS IS NOT TRUE - but hey, if you don't have the patience for reading the rest of the posts and filtering out the precious gems about how I go about creating episodes of The Grim DotCom and other projects, here's a little thought for you. You lazy bastards :P
There's a discussion on the Stripliefhebbers forum right now about scenarists (writers) and artists getting on each other's nerves - for instance, when writers deliberately pen down a scene where the artist has to draw a stadium full of people or such. So the question popped up to all writers and artists present there: what do you get into fights about ? Which evolved into artists complaining about what they hate to draw...
Well, here's mine. I hate drawing women. I tend to make my characters look quite comical, and well, in all honesty (and as with all my other fits of honesty, I'll probably receive some hatemail responses about this) there's fairly little to mock about women.
They're too big a joke by themselves already.

No comments: