Monday, January 26, 2004

There's Life In The Old Lady Yet !

Oh My GOD this is too weird. I just HAVE to share this. I'm serious.
I kicked my laptop a few times, then for the heck of it tried just ONCE more if it would switch on. AND. IT. DID.

SHE LIVES !!!!!

This is so damn fucking amazing ! It's the middle of the night and in a few hours I have to go to work but I'm copying files like crazy from the P133 to the laptop (network connection still works THERE) and then from the laptop to this new desktop (with a little work I got THAT network to work as well - wow !!) because who KNOWS how shortlived this revival might be. Better make the most of it and at least get as many files as possible transferred, right ?!

Wowsah.. this is too fucking amazing. I swear.
I'm gonna go to sleep really happy. My two babies still work and now I have a new one that will soon be enforcing the whole studio by a LOT !! I hope I can sleep at all, now that I think of it.
It's funny - when they don't work, computers and other technology make me want to go back to hammers and saws and other tools that are SIMPLE and easy to fix or replace when they're broken. But when they DO work, sometimes these big clumsy tools can really get to me.

Anyway, just to let you all know this weekend ended really well, in the end :)

No comments: