Monday, January 05, 2004

Oh, Before I Forget...

I would just like to thank all of you for the hundreds upon thousands of flowers I was sent, the cards, the emails, the enormous support I've received from all of you. Thank you, it means a lot to know that so many were concerned about the huge tragedy that unfolded in my life, but I come bearing good news: The situation has been resolved now - the nightmare is over !
Or, in plain English: thanks all of you for not giving a shit (I got exactly ONE email from a friend who was sorry to hear that I'd lost my coat) but it's all OK now because the friendly people at the Cul de Sac informed me (actually, a shout out to Jorg for this since, despite the fact that it were Cul employees that found it, HE was the one to actually call me) that they'd found my coat on Saturday night, so I biked over in the middle of Sunday night to go pick it up. I can't even BEGIN to describe how happy I am with this turn of events (even though I'd semi-expected it would turn up again, after all, the Cul de Sac's just not really THAT kind of bar where people steal other people's coats and don't care about address books or anything in them indicating whose coat it REALLY is) especially now that it's not just freezing cold but RAINING to top it off, too. My long coat (which was serving as a substitute winter coat so far) would NOT have sustained that too well - it always starts to smell up to high heaven when it gets in contact with even the SLIGHTEST bit of rain. Since rain decided to accompany me on my way home, it was very nicely timed that I'd retrieved my coat.
So everyone can rest easy again now - I have your phone numbers and everything again, and my treasured coat is once again returned to me. Goodnight, folks !

No comments: