Monday, January 12, 2004

"Dante ?! It was horrible, people started coming in and buying stuff.."

WAAAAAAAGHHH... I think I officially hate people right now !!!
Well, not so much hate as having had an overdose of their presence when really I wanted to work on The Grim DotCom. It also doesn't help that I'm towards comatose from a nearly perfectly complete lack of sleep this past weekend.
I spent quite a lot of time working on TGD, but people were visiting on Friday and Saturday (and, of course, they were welcome and it was fun, but both times we continued late into the night watching movies and whatnot - which I'm going to have to admit to having caused - and I really was getting exhausted) and then Sunday I made good on part of my pact with 'Becks' and watched LOTR II (the Extended version....)..............
I HATE TOLKIEN !!! If I ever meet him (presumably in the afterlife since he's dead and all - hmmm, I should have him come back in TGD), I'm going to KICK his ASS ! I don't mind the story, but why does everything have to be so damn FUCKING LONG ?!!! Yadda Yadda Yadda they travel, yadda yadda yadda, they fight, yadda yadda yadda they travel, yadda yadda yadda they prepare for ANOTHER fight. JESUS ! And then there's flashbacks that you don't realise were flashbacks till they're over, and all these characters getting pulled into the story with their entire life told to us even if all they do is capture Frodo and then let him go again... I'm sorry, but after nearly four hours of the Two Towers, my patience with LOTR is definately waning. Fuck. And I thought the Hobbit was a piece of crap. I am so going to make Becks read ALL of the Bone series in retalliation.
And then my friend Dave had trouble with his computer and having given him several tips several times on the phone (which was one of the reasons I didn't really get to sleep in on Saturday) and I decided to drop over there and get it to reinstall because it would have taken him DAYS from the sound of it.. and I had to drop off our old vacuum cleaner at the store we bought a new one because Vik wrecked it (after a mere 20 or so years of loyal service) and I only saw the Cul de Sac for ten minutes on Sunday night while waiting for a bus and some nutcase there still managed to tell me the same damn story SEVENTEEN times and there were annoying people on the bus this morning and on the train and FUCK.
I just hate everyone right now and you'd best stay away from me. I have no patience with anyone, clients are calling me again with really STUPID questions, and I really don't want to be here. I want to be asleep, at home, for a few days, and then draw and draw and draw and scan and edit and upload because I want that fucking half-year backstash BACK UP. PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE !!!

Ok, maybe I just need to go smoke the first cigarette of the day.

No comments: