Wednesday, January 14, 2004

With Evenings Like These, Who Needs Bad Mornings...

Missed the train home so caught the next one, which left 15 minutes later and caused 20 minutes of transfer time in 's Hertogenbosch. Which was boring. Then I caught the train to Tilburg at the same hour I met that girl about a month ago. And who is in the train ?

No, not her - the guy that I also bumped in on that same previous train ride.
Don't get me wrong, he's not terribly annoying or anything, and I voluntarily sat down in the seat opposite of him, but of course I'd much rather have bumped into the mystery lady again. Guess predicting there will be more to that story made it a self-unfullfilling prophecy. I'm sure Murphy's Law has something on this kind of phenomenon. Anyway, he was in a far from cheerful mood because a patient of his might die tonight. Which is why he caught a later train home - makes you think, I guess, about having to catch a later train home because a portal wouldn't go live properly or shit like that. What's really important in this life, you know ? But hey, that's old stuff. I already ranted plenty about people having messed up priorities and taking the wrong things in life seriously. Anywho.
Vik was already off to bed before I got home, so I went straight to work on the last Grim DotCom page I've drawn so far. Coincidentally also the last one I have a storyboard ready for - ack ! Finished it sometime around half past midnight, logged on to upload it, bumped into Gregory (Cathalina, from God.inc) online, only to hear from him that for nearly seven hours now, Probeersel.com has mostly been down.
GREAT !!
Ahwell. Sent off an email to the helpdesk, since that's all I can do. Webmail, the site administrator, everything's offline, except for FTP access and the DNS itself (since I could ping it). I'd venture a guess and suggest that maybe Apache is offline. But hey, what do I know ? Besides, there's little I can do about it.
I'm going to do the only sensible thing I could do after such an evening (and day, by the way). I'm gonna drink some and then sleep.
Night folks.

No comments: