Thursday, January 15, 2004

When Cameron Was In Egypt's Land...

I was home ill today. I overslept majorly until Vik got up, then I tried to get up but soon noticed this was not a smart idea - i really AM ill. It's not TOO bad but it's the kind of bad-enough-not-to-be-able-to-focus-on-work-well-enough and travelling to Amsterdam and back today would likely only have made it worse. I have coughing fits, my nose's plugged up and my throat hurts - yes, it sounds like a common cold, and I'm sure that's what it is. However, normally I wouldn't feel a common cold, so this is a tough lil' bugger pestering me. Might even take more than just today to get this little germ out of my body, though I'm sure by Saturday I'll be healthy as anything that proverbially is in really good health, again.
So that's all I can report for today: I was ill. I was passed out most of the day, even. Wasn't as fun as it sounds, but at least I got some sleep, I guess. I'm pretty sure this cold has SOMETHING to do with the fact that for some three weeks now I've had to go take my smoke break outside the building (no matter what kind of weather), that the train stations are draughty pieces of shit and it's been VERY windy, cold and wet lately, and the fact that my body's been insisting on returning to my original biological clock: sleep during the day and don't really become awake until it's dark - at which time sleep is nearly impossible. Naturally, this is impossible to rhyme with working a day shift at work (unless your work involves sleep - mine doesn't, most of the time at least). I'm pretty sure all those factors, and the fact I've been slaving away at The Grim DotCom, did this to me. So I guess it's time again to take things a bit slow, even if just for today.

OK, folks, it's dark now so I'm gonna go slip on some clothes and take it easy downstairs. Catch ya later.

No comments: