Sunday, March 07, 2004

All Work And No Play - But What If My Work IS My Play ?

Ok, starting to shift back into my old gear again after having had to tone down my activities over the past week.
Probeersel book 3 is coming along. Not fast, because too many things are distracting me and erasing text balloons, arranging the panels and then reapplying new text balloons isn't the most inspirational work in the world. I want to draw, damnit ! My fingers are itching - not just my thumb (though that one continues to feel funny - it's wearing off into a gentle painfulness though).
So first up: The Reasons Why We Rule guest comic. This will be my third one, and I refuse to do ANOTHER *about* doing a guest comic. So this time I'm really making a comic starring the RWWR characters. No crossovers with my own comics, no clever meta-story stuff, just wham, RWWR on paper. Of course, you know me, I *am* experimenting with drawing style. Autobiopsy (the 24 Hour Comic) once again expanded my limits it turned out, so what I've been putting on paper looks pretty spectacular - at least to me. I'm still debating wether or not I'll add colour to what I've done so far. It looks great without it and I don't know if it'll actually diminish it. The four panels I've drawn so far really have kind of a JTHM (Johnny The Homicidal Maniac) feel to them in a way. It's interesting.
Sionnain is going to take back the reins of Penguism. I like that. Frankly, I was out of ideas for funny stuff Tutu Thompson could do around my house. It's time the lil' fella actually DOES start his big adventure. You'll see. It's gonna be fun :)
Nothing much to report on Worst Case Scenario or The Grim DotCom - WCS is running as usual with a pretty minimal backstash, and TGD's backstash is still being snacked away. I'm really gonna have to write some storyboards for that, because I do want to continue drawing on it. I have the ideas ready, I just have to slice it all down into individual, nicely-paced jokes. And then I can start drawing on that again.
And then hopefully, HOPEFULLY.. I'll sometime later this year have finished resizing all five Probeersel books, and my other running projects will be under control. THAT's where the fun stuff will start. I'm eager now to start trying my hand at a more realistic style. I think I really do want to draw the Non Biblia Sacra story. In any case, as I've said before, I really want to be able to see the end result - no matter WHO drew it.
So yeah - I've been forced to take it easier for a few weeks (24 Hour Comic not included). But I'm ready to start getting productive again. Expect more, folks, expect more. 'Cause you will get more.

No comments: