Sunday, March 14, 2004

More bla bla bla bla about the site. Geez, when is this guy gonna get a LIFE ?!

So yeah. As the subject said.
Spent most of the day doing yet another thing I had intended to do ages ago: The 'responses to this site' part were, as far as I know, the final part of the site that were still in the old (2 years ago by now ?), hardcoded-HTML setup. Not anymore ! And it's - as usual - expandable in all kinds of options. I take the possibility of upcoming new functionality and preparations for them quite seriously.
Béné came up with a good question: if it was possible to add a poll to the site. Well, no, not yet. For now we'll have to resort to sites providing free polls or other forums, and then link to them. But it's a good idea and I should definately implement it at some point.
I've been making some more Worst Case Scenarios, because I really want my hands free for a while. The Grim DotCom is really direly needing these storyboards and I can't focus on them unless I have NO other projects surrounding me. Since it's getting urgent, I may have to let the Probeersel books conversion rest for a while AGAIN. Man, I wish I just had tons of time. Then again, I think my day job - ironically - has been keeping me sane through all this. It's a little break from everything, and the train rides - frustrating as train trouble may be - is a nice way of being forced to organise my thoughts or sleep a bit.
RWWR guest comic week is coming up. Curious which day my episode will appear. I can't wait to be honest :)
Also preparing for something else - more new functionality - I'm going to offer the comic artists on the site. Since it's something I think no other comics community is really offering yet, I'm keeping a lid on it for now but it's gonna be cool, for the artists and for the site visitors alike. I'll let you know when the time is right.
I'm sure I did a whole lot more in the past days but it kinda slips my mind now.

Some big cat has been prowling our back yard from time to time. This fucker is BIG, man, I kid you not. I initially sent out the cats to go defend their territory but they just STOOD there, nervously. Then I went out to see what the hell the problem was and this monster even stopped ME in my tracks for a second. I chased him off myself in the end, because Damien and Satan were all too glad to get back inside.
He came back again to wail and hiss in our backyard in the middle of the night. This time me merely switching on the livingroom lights was enough to chase him off, but still. Somehow the cats need to be able to fend him off the backyard, because a mere human chasing him away will not make the backyard stop being part of this creature's territory. Unless, perhaps, I pee on him. But he's pretty damn quick.

No comments: