Wednesday, March 24, 2004

To my friends !

Ok. I'm not actually feeling BAD anymore (although Sionnain's situation can still use a lot of improvement) but reality and I are still also not quite on optimal terms of agreement yet. I'm still sort of out of it all and I can tell that mostly in my organisational skills. The past years I've been reasonably reliable in keeping my appointments and keeping track of what I agreed upon and overview of what I'm supposed to do and when and stuff, and the past days I've been a mess in all those departments. I still get the job done (because, to the benefit of working together, we're using a system that makes it easy for a colleague to just take over what I was doing) but yeah.
So Brian emailed me on Monday and invited me along for a drink Tuesday evening. Without thinking too much about it, I agreed - initially I wanted to decline to be sure, since I'm currently finally putting good hard work into The Grim DotCom and kind of want to continue to do so, but I've declined his invitations about six times in a row or something by now so it was about time again that the ol' chap and I had a good chat to catch up on things.
Then Tuesday my kid brother calls me at work and turns out Tues night was the only night this week he'd be able to pick up my MP3 collection that he wants to have as well because he finally got an MP3 player now and likes several picks in my collection to start off his own collection with. So I agree, of course, and TRY to make an HONEST, SINCERE note of it in my head. 'Do not stay for the drink too long because at 9 30 your brother will show up at your house.'
So at some point in the middle of a lengthy conversation with Brian about the future plans of Probeersel.com I suddenly exclaim 'SHIT - what time is it ?!' to which he replies '10, why ?' and I ask to use his cell phone because 'I need to call someone who probably hates me now'.
It was ok though, my brother had apparently been talking with Viktor or whatever and I talked him through how to find the correct closet I keep my collection in, so it worked out, but it's FAR FROM POLITE and very unlike me to make an appointment and not keep it. So I'm sorry, brother, and I'll make it up to you sometime.
If it's any comfort, I didn't get home before midnight, the rocking of the train made the alcohol hit me BADLY and made me sick on the train (but not actually intoxicated at all, so I got to go to the bathroom and do the unpleasant vomiting without ANY of the fun of being drunk :/) and this entire morning has been a surreal string of not quite being able to believe I'm really awake and all this is happening. So if I actually wake up later, find out I overslept, rush to work and have to type this longass string of text AGAIN into this blog, I think I'll be pretty pissed off. Not that you'd know because if right now isn't real, you won't be reading this later on. Ok, that just got too weird and metaphysical even for me. I think I should just go drink some coffee now.

No comments: